Wednesday 7 December 2011

It's coming to an end

It's been a little while since my last post.  I keep meaning to throw on another, but since I can't aces this at work it keeps escaping me.

I have finally come to my last week.  Well next week will be the last actual week in the country, but I have only one working week remaining starting tomorrow.  Am I glad to be leaving?  Well I'm not going to lie, the simple answer is yes.  I believe I have finally reached the end of my tether.  It has not been one particular thing but many things compiling over the year.  Yet as I look back on my year I am glad of what I have accomplished here.  I have gained a year of experience in my chosen profession and I have done it through many difficulties.  I can only hope that the things I have had to go through this year will help me in the future as a pursue teaching.

So since I am coming to the end I am having goodbye stuff and preparing to leave.  I have been giving my house a thorough clean and getting rid of stuff that has no value.  I'm also throwing out anything that I don't think I'll wear or should really just go in the bin anyway, gota make my bag as light as possible so that I can take buy some new clothes in the U.S.

I had my first goodbye meal on Sunday, with one of my friends from Changwon, I don't see him too often, but we get along really well.  It was nothing big, just a meal and good conversation, just what I like.  Then last night I had a meal with the guys from my town and we went to a favourite resteraunt of ours in the town, run by Mr. Kim (a really interesting guy). One of the guys had brought along some blueberry vodka he had concoted, it was not good, but we shared it around.  In return Mr. Kim gave us some of his favourite alcohol 어량애 (Oh-ryang-eh) Well that's how it sounds, it should actually be in Chinese characters. It is a Chinese spirit.  The stuff is fantasic, really clear and it goes down really well.  But I don't think it is something that I'll get my hands on too oten because a bottle of it here in Korean costs ₩800,000 which is closing in on $710, which is about £450 (currently).


Tomorrow I will have a meal with some of the teachers at my school.  It will be an informal thing, so I think it should be alright.  I hope they don't expect me to drink a ton, because I still have to work the next day, although thankfully it will be the test day, so it's not exactly a difficult day, for any of us.  Which makes me think there may be a bit of drinking going on.  I am not sure who will be there, but I assume as it is supposed to be held for me, it will generally be people who actually want to talk/spend time with me...well, we'll see.


Then on Friday I am supposed to be going to a house party.  I have no idea how that will work out as Korean houses are pretty damn small. Also I am a bit of a tag along, but again I shall see.  Then after that I will just have a couple of days left before I'm off to the U.S.  So I guess I should just pack my bags and make sure all is dealt with and I have everything I want to keep.


Well that's how things lay.  I may write another blog before I leave.  Then at some time after I have left, I think I will write my parting thoughts.  Then, I guess I will close this blog and mayhaps move onto something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment